Polio Eradication Committee
|Harriett Schloer||Bend High Desert|
Visit the District 5110 PolioPlus Society web site and learn how to become a member and commit to supporting polio eradication until it is wiped off the face of the earth. You'll be glad you did!
The Polio Eradication Committee:
- Supports Rotary Internationalís goal of eradicating polio throughout the world.
- Communicates information in the fight against polio with Clubs in the District and encourages support of Polio Plus Partners as they focus on the last few endemic areas.
- Encourages Club support of local education for early childhood immunization for all preventable childhood diseases as a complement to the successful Shots for Tots program in Central Oregon.
The Committee Provides updated information to clubs regarding the polio eradication efforts started by Rotary in 1985 which has been successful in eliminating the endemic wild polio virus in all but four countries to date (Afghanistan, India, Nigeria and Pakistan). Publicizes opportunities for Rotarians to participate in eradication efforts, including National Immunization Days. Encourages and oversees Rotarians contributions as part of the current effort to match the $200 million Gates Foundation Grant.
In addition, the committee makes the Iron Lung and Trailer available to clubs for their use in helping to eradicate polio. (Forms to request use of the lung are available below).
District 5110 has Teamed up with the
Devlyn Amigos Polio Website
The most concise polio site on the web!
- Check the Polio Calendar to Request the Iron Lung for YOUR Event
- Download the Application Forms (Fillable Word format) to request use of the Iron Lung
- Read the first issue of the District 5110 End Polio Now Newsletter
- THE GATES $200 MILLION CHALLENGE!
- Whats Happening in the War against Polio?
|WHAT CAN WE DO NOW?|
Our Rotary Foundation Newsletter on Polio Effort <<--click here
Committee Details: PolioEradication